Why choose the BHF for your charity?
If you choose the British Heart Foundation, Nero Legal will donate 10% of your standard legal fee to help them. So who and what do the British Heart Foundation do?
Who they are
We are the nation’s heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research.
Coronary heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it. Our pioneering research has helped to transform the lives of people living with heart and circulatory conditions.
What they do
Dedicated to the fight against heart disease – The British Heart Foundation are the UK’s number one heart charity and through 50 years of funding cutting edge research we have already made a big difference to people’s lives.
But the landscape of heart disease is changing. More people survive a heart attack than ever before, and that combined with an ageing population means more people are now living with heart disease and need our help.
Turning the tide against heart disease
Our work has had a significant impact. Today, seven in ten heart attack victims get to go home to their families. The number of deaths from heart and circulatory disease has fallen by more than half and 4 in 5 children born with congenital heart disease survive into adulthood.
Achievements over the years
In 1961, heart and circulatory disease caused more than half of all deaths in the UK: concerned doctors joined forces with philanthropists to establish the BHF. Some of the best scientific minds in the country, funded by us, have since dedicated their careers to tackling heart disease
- We helped establish the UK’s first coronary care units-this has revolutionised how patients are cared for worldwide
- We funded research into surgical techniques which led to the UK’s first heart transplant-today around 200 transplants are carried our every year saving hundreds of lives
- We funded thousands of defibrillators for use in ambulances, improving people’s chances of survival from cardiac arrest
- We funded the identification of the genetic mutations behind deadly inherited heart conditions and are identifying thousands of people living with the silent killers
- We have put thousands of minds at rest by distributing millions of resources and dealing with over 20,000 health queries, every year.
There are still seven million people in the UK living with cardiovascular disease today. Too many people die too young. That’s why we are still dedicated to working with our supporters and our scientists, harnessing the power of medical research to lead the fight against heart disease.
For More Information about the British Heart Foundation ‘Click Here’
For more information about Nero’s commitment to the British Heart Foundation ‘Click Here’